What Is The Right Way To Use Memory Card In HP Laptop?
Posted by admin, 16 Aug 2018
Laptop already being a sensitive device, memory card is another and when both of them are combined together, you need to be careful about your products. Rough use of memory card can damage not only the card but also your laptop.
We all use memory cards, but HP Support enables the rightful guide to use memory cards which retaining its quality and keeping the laptop safe as well.
Steps To Use Memory Cards In A Card Reader:
- Insert a memory card.
- Instantly an AutoPlay window will appear on your computer screen. If not, access the card through File Explorer.
- Treat SD card drive as any other drive on the computer. For instance, double-click on the SD card drive/icon to open a new window showing the files on the memory card.
- The default memory card removal policy in Windows 8 is Quick removal, this will give you access to disconnect the device without using the Safely Remove Hardware feature. You must always use the Safe removal and not the Quick removal.
The Quick removal setting can be changed for enhanced performance. On some computers, you can use the eject feature directly in the Computer but this feature will ensure the safety of your memory card.
Steps To Use Safely Remove Hardware While Ejecting Memory Card:
- Move the mouse pointer to the lower left corner of the screen and right-click, select File Explorer from the drop down list.
- Now right-click on the memory device icon in the window screen and select Eject.
- Then carefully remove your card from the memory slot.
Change Your Memory Card Removal Policy From Quick Removal To Safely Remove Hardware:
- Drag your mouse pointer to the lower left corner of the screen and right-click, select Device Manager from the drop down list.
- Go to Device Manager, double-click on the Disk drives to expand the window. Memory card readers are seen as drive devices in Windows.
- Go to drive devices and right-click to display a drop-down menu.
- Click Policies in the Properties window.
- Select either Safe removal or Better performance as per your requirement and click OK.
If your computer’s memory slot is damaged or you have any software or hardware trouble in your computer, we have a support team to help you deal with such issues. Contact our team at HP Support Number Australia 1-800-431-355 , if you are unable to resolve the problem. You can trust our team without any second thought, we have a reputation of solving every problem.